Tuesday, August 3, 2010

How to get relief from a section 8 neighbor

Its no secret that the number of households under the Housing Choice Vouchers (i.e. Section 8) has increased. The exact number is not known because that information is protected under privacy laws per CHA.

When this program was outsourced to an entity called CHAC it was a waste of time attempting to get relief from the "neighbors from hell". Based on the presentation from representatives from CHA have made to members of our community they are not any better but because of political pressure from Alderman Lyle and others they are following up on complaints filed against their residents.

The agency has a complaint line and the phone number is 1.800.533.0441. You can report properties in disrepair, illegal subletting, illegal tenants and any other complaints. When making a complaint be specific as possible with names, actions, time of actions and if in a multi family building what floor. Also you can write and attach the form at the right of the page to the regional office at

Southwest Regional Office
10 W. 35th Street
5th Floor
Chicago, IL 60616

Lastly, contact the Alderman's office and let them know what actions you have taken and always document your actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE READ FIRST!!!! Comment Moderating and Anonymous Comment Policy

While anonymous comments are not prohibited we do encourage you to help readers identify you so that other commenters may respond to you. Either read the moderating policy for how or leave an identifier (which could be a nickname for example) at the end of the comment.

Also note that this blog is NOT associated with any public or political officials including Alderman Roderick T. Sawyer!